What is the chief complaint of the black woman in America today?

I would like to hear from sistas, black women from all walks of life. I would like you to speak to what you see as your chief complaint. Please don't hold back!

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Then you should become more intune with the cultural conditions created by the system of chattel slavery which has lead in some cases to Black women having 'complaints'. Then maybe you can teach your grand child what a woman truly is, and what a man is suppose to represent. Otherwise you are just kissing the ass of Black women who have been tainted for the lack of knowledge of self.

Howard R. Lee said:

osirian,

I'll address you first, I have two grown daughters, one is 21 years old, the oldest is 26, and I have a 2 year old grand daughter who will grow to be a black woman someday. I think it would make me less than a human being not to care about their perspective. So I don't see it as kissing black women's a**** to pose a question like this. To Safira and Cerrita, I took in more from the points you were making this time, I only want to add this, both of you were speaking about a coin that has two sides to it. Cerrita, men could ask the very same question, When will the women of God who say that they love God really truly trust God totally is the question? that door swings both ways is my point. I am saying this not to discredit anything that you've said, I am only pointing out there is always more than one perspective. It is the coming together, the meeting of the minds that is often the challenge. Just like you want him to understand your struggles you have to be just as willing to understand and empathize with his struggles. In the end I think the question is how do you strengthen each other? Safirah, I think that both the black man and the black woman have been forever damaged by the struggles of our people. I am not discounting anything that you have said but I think we have to heal each other. How many times when a black woman gets with a black man that is treating her poorly is it just a matter of her choosing poorly. There are bad men in every race, conversly there are good men in every race. So how do we teach black women how to stop choosing poorly, be it a black man or any other color man? Just something to consider, I thank the both of you for taking the time to respond to the question, if you have any other thoughts please post them.

Osirian,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

As you are entitled to yours. My 'insight' was more observation than 'opinion'.

Howard R. Lee said:

Osirian,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Smiley and West.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service